Creating your custom diamond engagement ring allows you complete customization in addition to some finer details that you may not have thought of. In addition to selecting any diamond cut, ring setting and precious metal, Mark Broumand is famous for the little extra details and bit of flair that can make your engagement ring truly unique.
Here are some finer details to add to your custom ring:
1. Milgrain detailsMilgrain is decorative beading that can be added to any part of your engagement ring. Most often, it is used on the shank (band) or the center basket. This fine beading is worked into the metal edges.
3. Pavé or micropavéPronounced “paw-vay”, the term is of French origin for today’s vocabulary usage of the word “pave” and strives for a continuous paved surface of diamonds. Gemstones are set close to each other in a pre-drilled hole in the metal and secured with a tiny metal bead to allow very little metal to show. Micropavé diamonds require a microscope to set.
4. Hand EngravingEngraving can be used to add special decorative details to elements such as the shank or center basket. Mark Broumand and his expert jewelers can add any design to the surface of a precious metal anywhere on your ring.
5. Shank decorationSince a center stone is held in a basket and fastened to the band with connectors, it is more than one single piece of metal and is therefore a shank, but is often referred to as the band. In addition to the metal selection, you can select the shape, width and design of the shank desired.
6. Center basket (or cup) and connectorsThe center basket holds the large, center stone in place. The center basket is fastened to the shank with connectors, which can also be adorned with milgrain, filigree or jewels.
The process of creating a custom diamond engagement ring with Mark Broumand is simple, affordable and enjoyable. For inspiration, you can browse a gallery of incredible jewelry creations from Mark. When you are ready to design your engagement ring, simply click here to start the custom design process.